Close

Thread: Show your MODS

Hybrid View

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    With this shroud, I've been able to bridge up to 200mm with ABS:
    Wow, very impressive, a 200mm bridge....yikes....nice going. It looks dead straight too. Also, really like the black frame. I guess you painted that or is Colin offering black frames now?
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Wow, very impressive, a 200mm bridge....yikes....nice going. It looks dead straight too. Also, really like the black frame. I guess you painted that or is Colin offering black frames now?
    I guess that's a mod, too. I used a can of black spray lacquer to coat all of the wood parts of the printer before assembly. I just laid them out on a big sheet of cardboard and sprayed two or three coats on each side, spraying each coat from four different directions to make sure all of the edges were coated.

I did my first frame with clear lacquer, just to try to cover up the smell of the laser burned wood, but when I got the i3v upgrade kit, I decided to try black. I'm very happy with it.

I have thought about getting some black-anodized v-slot and a black heat bed to go with the black frame. I may yet do it someday.
    Last edited by clough42; 08-10-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added quote.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I have thought about getting some black-anodized v-slot and a black heat bed to go with the black frame. I may yet do it someday.
    Then you'll have to call it a "Makerferrari" in stead of a "Makerfarm."
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com