Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

looking for a 3D printer. Need some help

Looking to buy a 3D printer. to many different products out there to really look at.

So far i really like the Printrbot simpile metal. also seems to have good upgrades that can be done to it.

also looked at the da vinci and prusa 10" i3v Kit
    Any input would be great. maybe point me to a printer that i haven't seen yet or printer that you like that has i high print quality.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Theres too many printer at the moment, most of them above the 1000 dollars Tag, is not about which one you want, Its about which one you need, you aré a thinker/hobbist get a prusa, you dont want to mess with técnicall Stuff get a makerbot, what aré you planing to build and using what materials?

give us moré info and Meabe we can show you a better direcction, Meabe not the Best one but a moré accurate one, cheers

PS: search the forum first Plz, this tópic has been cover many times, do it before the trolls wake up and get Hungry
    Last edited by bshadown; 08-06-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    Theres too many printer at the moment, most of them above the 1000 dollars Tag, is not about which one you want, Its about which one you need, you aré a thinker/hobbist get a prusa, you dont want to mess with técnicall Stuff get a makerbot, what aré you planing to build and using what materials?

give us moré info and Meabe we can show you a better direcction, Meabe not the Best one but a moré accurate one, cheers

PS: search the forum first Plz, this tópic has been cover many times, do it before the trolls wake up and get Hungry

just looking for something affordable, that has a good print quality, has a good amount of support.

don't want to get a product that has a little user base.

i like the makerbot but its price is more than i want to spend. looking to get my feet wet.

Engineer-in-Training
    Flash Forge, or Wanhao

Hi nefiwashere, we are currently selling an Ormerod for under £1000 if that is any use to you? Send us an email at kathleen@3d-print-works.com if so.

I pulled the trigger on the makerfarm 10". See how it goes.

Okay. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by nefiwashere View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the makerfarm 10". See how it goes.
    I too bought this printer ,my first ,am very happy with it ,how is yours working out ?

been going good, had some issue of the wrong firmware being on the ramps. had the 8" firmware. once i changed it my bigger prints were not getting cut off. i later printed out a different z end stop to make it easier to get the extruded height from the bed easier. after i did that and did a lot of printing and than added auto bed leveling. which made a huge difference for me in time to get ready to print. before you have to manually level out the bed which can be a pain especially after every print.

i could not find the first z endstop i printed out. that little upgrade made it less frustrating to level the bed

auto bed leveling from thingiverse

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:335632

if you do it follow the guide on thingiverse as far as what to print and what to buy. than you will use zennmaster guide on setting up marlin.
    not to hard to get going but it was worth it.

questions or issue just let me know.

you will not be sorry,i love mine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast