Quote Originally Posted by American 3D Printing View Post
Hey Assaf, glad it was helpful. I checked out your web site, but I can't read Hebrew

I honestly don't know how much can be "fixed" with this 5th Gen design.

Certainly my bed leveling issue is likely simply a defect in this particular machine, rather than a design flaw. I do see a philosophical problem with their approach to these 5th Gen models, where the user has less and less control over the build parameters, and worse, the philosophy of "no user serviceable parts". If they are going to go that direction, they better have a nationwide network of repair centers in place, ready to turn around the machines very quickly.

Another disturbing bit of news is an email I received from my Makerbot reseller team. I don't have it in front of me for the actual verbiage, but they are REALLY pushing Makercare, which is basically like those pricey extended warranties they try to sell you whenever you buy an appliance or TV and so forth. The latest paradigm is that you HAVE to buy Makerware to get phone support, and that if you don't you can only get email support, and furthermore if you don't buy Makercare, you only get any support at all for 60 days after purchase.

With those kinds of strategic decisions, it bodes well for Makerbot's competitors.
Hi Jeff,
My site is in both languages: Hebrew and English, so you are welcome to visit us again
I think this link will get you directly to the English version.
About Makerbot strategy, I am not sure it would be applied to all countries, I believe that at least in Israel the regulation authorities will not allow such behavior but I defiantly agree that Makerbot Gen 5 3D printers do not look as promising as at least I expected from them to be after they were bought by Stratasys.