Quote Originally Posted by American 3D Printing View Post
Our Stratasys reseller keeps wanting us to upgrade to a Mojo or U-Print, and I keep asking for a demo (test drive) and they just say "trust us, they're so much better". Well, in my experience every manufacturer claims they're the best, blah blah blah. Our 3D Systems guy insists that the 3rd gen cube is so wonderful. Zortrax keeps bugging us to become Zortrax resellers.

So describe the U-Print and why it is worth so much more than all these desktop machines? I've been told the material is quite expensive. How much does it actually cost?
We have an older u-print by dimension, not sure the model. It has really good print quality, and is very consistent and reliable. Our model is also a dual extruder with dissolvable support material in the second extruder. With the u-print its basically just drop the stl into the software and press print and you can walk away knowing that you will come back to a successfully finished print.

The material is extremely expensive (dont know the number off the top of my head but somewhere around 10x the cost of makerbot pla). That's the whole reason we started looking for a new printer. And they (idk if they still have this) have some sensors on the filament spools that prevent you from using third party filaments. We've had some errors with our spool holders saying the spool is empty and stopping the print when there's still over half a spool of filament left. That's a lot of money to throw out.

So my thoughts are if your looking for a printer that's really easy for everyone to use and aren't exactly worried about the cost of the material, the u print is a good choice.

As i said though our printer is many years old and maybe they have changed or improved on a lot of these things since then.