Quote Originally Posted by franzdom View Post
Their slicer is a reskinned Cura and it works pretty good. I have only used it and S3D.
Qidi keeps their profile for their slicer updated often while they haven't updated their Simplify 3D profile much if at all.

Also, with their slicer you can send files via wifi or wlan to the printer directly from inside it, even if you slice it on say S3d. If you look in the Gcode for the files the qidi slicer creates it says exactly which CURA engine version it is using like 4.9.1 or somesuch.
Yes I noticed it was a skinned version of Cura. I will probably do my first print(s) through Qidi Slicer and if everything looks good I will probably move over to one of my other slicers I use as long as I can get it working as well through there.

Sending the files through WiFi is nice, but my concern was if it doesn't actually store the file on the printer than if you restart your computer or something in the middle of the print it would cause issues. I haven't seen if it transfers the print file to the printer or keeps it on your computer using this method for sure.