Close

Threaded View

@airscapes
    @curious aardvark
    @Gambo

Thank you all for your feedback
    Unfortunately I don’t know a product equivalent to tufnol in the US. It seems like tufnol is similar but not the same as Garolite? It also appears as if tufnol is some sort of stand alone sheet, whereas the Garolite here are sold with an adhesive backing (this is why I was asking about flexplate systems). I worry based on what Gambo stated, that over time, or even the first print, I’ll tear/damage the Garolite sheet off a glass sheet because of too strong of a bond to the print (they are 40 dollars a sheet here)

Currently I’m attempting to print Taulman3D 910High Heat:
    Taulman suggest I use:
    Print temp: 285C – 300C (check)
    Bed temp: 45C (check)
    Print Surface: Glass with PVA (this part is what confuses me given the inconsistent input I’ve read - which Gambo confirmed with what I suspected was nylon is a whole varying class of filaments)
    Enclosure: (working on)

-Current setup:
    -Ender 3 v2
    -MicroSwiss Direct Drive and Hot end
    -Fan Housing = https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4408571 = printed in PLA
    -BLTouch
    -Firmware re-complied to have nozzle reach 295C (it appears that there is a hard limit of 299C to the nozzle that firmware can’t supersede –or I’m not fully understanding the marlin code)
    -Filament Drier (upwards of 65C)

Task required before making Nylon Print Attempt:
    -Enclosure and a Venting system to blow off the fumes
    -Figuring out building surface (this one seems like the one I’ll have the most trouble with)

@Gambo
    May I ask what your setup is on here? Or is it not the social etiquette to post such things here?
    Last edited by AsianGuy; 06-23-2021 at 05:08 AM.