Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hybrid View

Technologist
    If you've got a computer plugged in, or can run and view Gcode through the screen, M119 will show the state of endstops.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_au View Post
    If you've got a computer plugged in, or can run and view Gcode through the screen, M119 will show the state of endstops.
    I haven't tried connecting a computer with one of the software tools like Pronterface yet, but I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks. Ron

Hi,

Quick update. I'm trying to connect my printer to my laptop, but Windows is reporting that it doesn't have a device driver for the printer. Sent an email to TwoTrees supports asking about the drivers, but they haven't been responding lately, so I'll do some other searching as well.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi how are you connecting to the printer are you using Prontface

Quote Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
    Hi how are you connecting to the printer are you using Prontface
    Today, I was able to connect my printer to my PC using Pronterface. Windows wanted a driver file, and it took awhile for me track down what it wanted, the CH340. Once I loaded that, I was able to connect using Pronterface, and ran G code suggested by Martin_au, and got this....

SENDING:M119
    Reporting endstop status
    x_min: open
    y_max: TRIGGERED
    z_min: TRIGGERED
    z2_min: TRIGGERED
    z2_max: open
    z_probe: open

I decided to go back to the dual Z-axis limit switches to see if I'd have any better luck there. I ran Pronterface while I tested homing on the X, Y, and Z axis. X and Y were fine, Z ran until it crashed into the limit switches and tried to keep going. Here is the Pronterface output. I have an MP4 video as well, but it looks like that file type isn't allowed on the forum. I've sent this to TwoTrees, but thought I'd ask here as well.Connecting...Printer is now online.>>> M119SENDING:M119Reporting endstop statusx_min: openy_max: openz_min: openz2_min: openz2_max: openz_probe: openecho:enqueueing "G28 X0"echo:Active Extruder: 0echo:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:Active Extruder: 0>>> M119SENDING:M119Reporting endstop statusx_min: TRIGGEREDy_max: openz_min: openz2_min: openz2_max: openz_probe: openecho:enqueueing "G28 Y0"echo:Active Extruder: 0echo:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:Active Extruder: 0>>> M119SENDING:M119Reporting endstop statusx_min: TRIGGEREDy_max: TRIGGEREDz_min: openz2_min: openz2_max: openz_probe: openecho:enqueueing "G28 Z0"echo:Active Extruder: 0echo:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processing>>> M119SENDING:M119echo:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processingecho:busy: processing[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(5, 'Access is denied.'))

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345