Quote Originally Posted by rongee View Post
Thanks, and I agree, for now, I just want to see if I can get it working as is before starting to make dramatic changes like going ot Marlin.

Right now, it's more a matter that I have a pretty good idea what needs to be changed to enable the 3D Touch (I looked in the config file and all of the parameters that need to be set for autoleveling are turned off), so I just need to figure out how to do that. I think the steps are (1) edit the config file, (2) compile it, and (3) copy the bin file to an SD card, stick it in the printer, and turn it on.

So, I need to figure out the best way to get (1) and (2) done. It seems like among the choices are (maybe) (1) Visual Studio, (2) Pronterface, and (3) something called RepetierHost which is some software that came on the SD card that came with the printer. I've been looking around for more Youtube videos that might explain how to edit and compile the Robin Nano firmware. The Youtube video from Aurora Tech goes through those steps, I think, so I'm going to review that first. There are plenty of Marlin videos around, it seems, but not too much on this one.

Thanks.

Ron
Visual Studio for editing/prepping Marlin. Pronterface is just a serial connection tool to talk to your printer. Repetier host is combined interface/server/etc software for running printers.
The "Robin Nano" refers to your board. That should be a setting in the configuration file. If you want to compile Marlin for your board, it would be worth also getting hold of a pinout and schematic for that board.

When you start messing with Visual studio, grab the Marlin Auto Build plugin as well. Makes it very easy to compile the firmware.