Close

Hybrid View

And more progress, and of course, more debugging.So, the printer powers up correctly. I'm testing the home functions now. On the X-axis, I used a zip tie to lock the belt in place, and the zip tie is just big enough that it's blocking the extruder head from moving far enough to trigger the limit switch. So, I need to fix that with a smaller zip tie or something. For right now, I just extended the bit of metal on the frame that causes the x-axis limit switch to trigger, and so it's fine.But the Z-axis again...hmmmmmIf I use the "move" buttons to move the platform, both z motors spin. But when I use the home button, only the right side motor spins. I'm not using the z-axis limit switches right now because I'm trying to the use the BL Touch, and the BL Touch uses one of the sockets for the z-axis limit switches. I'm wondering if that might be doing something. But, you'd think that if something was causing the z limit on one side to trigger, both motors would stop running, right? Maybe I'll try unplugging the BL Touch just to see if that causes a change. Any other thoughts?NOTE: Added information. After I sent this originally, I did unplug the BL touch, and now both motors are spinning. So, I'm wondering now if there's a parameter someplace that I need to set to tell it not to use that socket for the z limit switch but to use it for the BL Touch instead? thanks.Ron
    Last edited by rongee; 06-28-2021 at 03:28 PM.