Close

Threaded View

Okay, some good progress to report today, and a few more basic questions....

Installed the 3D Touch, ran the cable to the motherboard, and attached it in the 2 locations noted. (using one of the Z-axis limit switch sockets and the BL Touch pins on the motherboard)

Decided to run a power up test again.

Plugged in, and powered up. One beep, no error messages. the 3D Touch lights up, and the probe extends itself 3 times.

Menu screen appears. I go into "Tools", and then "Move" to get the screen in the picture I'm providing. So, here's the behavior I'm seeing right now, with just some very limited testing.

In all cases, depressing the movement buttons kind of jogs the motors one position, which I think is what I'd expect it to do.

X+ moves the head to the right (as viewed from the front of the printer)
    X- moves the head to the left
    Y+ moves the head to the rear
    Y- moves the head to the front.
    So, dumb question, is that the direction things are supposed to move?

Now, the one that's a little more interesting.
    Z+ moves the hot bed platform down and increments the counter in the up right corner of the screen (shown in the photo)
    Z- doesn't move anything, but I can hear a clicking sound coming from underneath, and it decrements the counter. When that counter reaches 0, no more clicking sounds.

With that counter decrementing, that leads me to believe that the printer things that the platform is moving even tho it isn't. That makes me think something is binding, but it's odd to only be in one direction, so maybe something else is going on. I was thinking that I'd disconnect the lead screws from the Z-axis motors to see if they still behave the same way.

Does the above sound kind of kosher, or do I need to be checking something else? Oh, I haven't updated any parameters yet, so it's running with whatever the printer was originally set up with.

Thanks again.

Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images