Quote Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
In any case don't abandon the Sapphire Plus for a Sapphire plus it's almost the same machine and if the one I have just as bad to get going. Mine now works almost ! It gives very good prints with lots of materials I could not use on my earlier machine but it is not really reliable it's PID based temperature control is clearly faulty with temperatures all over the place and produces err7 err5 several times a week.

I use the machine in a semi commercial development environment with it running almost all day every day the unreliability means it has to be monitored all the time in case it stops with an error - all in all a pin in the neck but lovely when it works.
Sorry, I just brought up the other printer, the Pro, as a point of conversation. Like I said, I'm deep into "YOU WON'T BEAT ME!!" with this printer :-), so I'm going to stick with it.

There's a text file that came on the SD card with my printer that talked about those err7 and err5 occurrences and what to do about them. Sounds like you've already worked through that, but if you'd like to see that text file, I'd be happy to get it to you.

Thanks. Ron