Close

Hybrid View

Well, Hah! I went searching down in that 2nd hole again, the one near the thermistor. Like I thought, the upper half of the hold isn't threaded, BUT, based on your advice, I went fishing down there is a little Allen wrench, and wouldn't you know it, it caught on something. So, sure enough, there's a little set screw down in the there, so the bottom half of the hole is threaded. Once I loosened that, the thermistor was still jammed in there pretty tight, but I was able to finally get it out. Far as I can tell, the "wire end" of the thermistor is slightly larger than the rest, and that's where it was hanging up. The replacement piece has that "wire end" flattened, so you can't even insert that, but it goes in far enough to get caught by the set screw. So far, so good.

Before I put everything back together, I'm just going to assemble it far enough so that I can reconnect the wiring to the motherboard and see if that fixes the error message I was getting.

I'm going to assume that I'll be back after I run that test, so see you then.

thanks again.

Ron

Two Trees Sapphire Plus - displaying or printing firmware settings?

Okay, I'm getting ready to run some initial tests on the replaced thermistor. I'm wondering if there is a way to display or otherwise print out the firmware settings? Also, there are 2 sockets on the motherboard (An MKS Robin Nano v1.2) labeled "12V/24V Constant Output". Wondering if it's 12V or 24v. I'm not at the printer right now, but off the top of my head, the only way I can think of to determine what voltage the printer is using is to stick a voltmeter on the leads coming from the power supply to the mboard at the contacts labeled "Power Interface". Or is the power actually determined somewhere else on the board? The original Robin Nano manual mentions something about a "dedicated power chip" (I found a v1 manual on Github, but still looking around for a v1.2; probably someplace obvious that I missed). I'm attaching a picture of the v1.2 mboard from the instructions that I received, just for reference. Thanks again.Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images