Close

Threaded View

Need help bij printing model PLA long and small curved

Hi there!

For a project I want to print the next file (see attachment for the STL). It is a curved small and long thing with holes in it. It will be printed in black PLA and with an Wanhao Duplicator 4 printer. I am using Makerware of Makerbot as software because it is easy software and it makes well supports for this model, better than ReplicatorG in my opinion.

I can print it but it is not nice at all. It is not smooth, it has all small ridges and bumps.
    A time ago I started with printing on kapton tape, but I soon found out that you do not need to print pla on kapton, and also not on a heated bed, because it warped and would not stick to the bed. So I attached some tape and hairspray, which works for the warping, but it gives the result explained above (not smooth at all, and a very difficult way I think).

I found out that you have to print on the glass, without a heating bed, and the nozzle around the 220C. However the first layer is printed well, (I guess), when the printer moves back for printing the second layer, it takes all printed stuff off the bed. It gets really messy.

I really do not know what to do, which settings and setup do I need, which temperatures, which speed or program?!

Is there someone who can help me?

Thanks in advance for your response!

With kind regards,
    Oscar
    Attached Files Attached Files