Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
The size is great- perfect for my teen son. I have it glued together now and it fits good. But even on me I can see out of the eyes no problem. I've filled the seams and waiting for it to dry then I'll sand and prime. I'm amazed how well it fits together. Considering all the various things that could have changed how each piece printed, etc... It fits like a glove.

I use Simplify3D -printed everything as is- no scaling, no supports. It had a little trouble with the rounded rim on the last two back pieces but the roughness is underneath and won't show. I was able to print two pieces at a time on a few of them, depending on what fit on the bed. 20% infill and 2.00mm layers.

Once I get it all done I'll post them on a thingiverse with the print specs. Hopefully it will encourage others to try a bigger project like this if they haven't before. :-)
Once you do one big one I think they become less daunting as you go, and I don't think I've ever made anything that's much bigger besides the Imperial Guard mask, but that's some 30 odd pieces and has slowly gone backward on my to-do list... as you know now, time is really the only downside to 3D printing really Even if I could print at double speed it would make the prototype process alot easier and faster, but I guess we still have some years to wait, as I've been waiting 3-4 years now and really, the home or consumer 3D printers really have not gained much in the way of speed, at least not in the way laser printers did, ie increase the amount of copies per minute for each new model, etc.

I'm glad it's all going well, I sure wish my Mum would have printed me a Storm trooper mask but then again, I am 38 and for Christmas she got me a full scale Darth helmet, which wasn't a bad choice for a 80 year old lol