Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    I am the same. Used Cura heavily and started with PrusaSlicer a few years back. Ran both for a while as Cura had better support options. Then with the release of more recent PrusaSlicer builds I just switched across entirely. Haven't loaded Cura in months.

Nicest thing about PrusaSlicer is how they've broken the parameters down into Print/Filament/Printer tabs, so if you're running multiple printers, you can share most of the profiles between them.

I haven't seen much print quality differences between a well setup Cura or PrusaSlicer print. Either works well. My print time estimation is almost spot on with PrusaSlicer for all my machines, which is a nice bonus.

Thank you for these replies. Prusa seems to come up often as a good option. Nothing wrong with Cura by the way but just wondering if there are differences in outcomes as I have sometimes heard-Martin's comment on quality is pertinent here.

I can take a look at Prusa since it is no cost.

Looks like it Does it pan thru the GCODE as it runs, perhaps displaying interpretations on the GCODE commands--
    Can you set different densities on different layers?

ThanksFritz