Thanks for the graphic Martin. I will download Prusa when I get a chance as I like the idea of viewing and perhaps modifying the GCODE. (I started to write a Python script to interpret the code, but it seems like there are just too many code constructs and too little documentation!).

Clif- you are correct about the cost of Simplify-they probably deserve their money but it is pricey in a world where cheap printers can be had for $200US and there is plenty of freeware out there. I mentioned them because they come up a lot as one of the better ones. They do have a sort of trial: "Try it for a full two weeks! If you don’t love the software, return it for a full refund."

A side by side comparison would be nice-my main interest is whether you see any quality differences. I am surprised by the differences in GCODE between Fusion and CURA. In my only comparison CURA seemed to look a little cleaner--possibly the way it was handling knurling on a knob. Unfortunately I don't have the drafts anymore.

Fritz