Close

Hybrid View

against my better judgement last night I whittled away a few minutes of my 6 hours of work night sleep to fire up the slicer, find and install from marketplace the Z-offset plugin to cura and set offset for both extruders to the gcode equivalent of 0.1. The in-Cura description says that in cura a negative z-offset will increase adhesion and decrease space for initial layer even though my understanding is that a negative z-offset in gcode would actually increase the gap and decrease adhesion. I added a brim and didn't change the brim settings that cura offered and started the Fast edge over/under extrusion test with to copies in mirror mode so i could check both extruders.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1622868

I needed to get to bed after only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before so a few minutes later i checked one last time before going to bed and found that both of the extruder 1 prints had displaced very early in the print and failed and extruder 2 had completed without apparent issue. I think both extruders had the same slicer settings but E2 gets independently raised or lowered during levelling so there is room for difference between the two.
    Attached Images Attached Images