Close

Hybrid View

wtf? oozing doesn't care about settings??

Do you see what the retraction test prints in the failed prints picture below all have in common? That's right. Practically everything. They could all pass as twins. However, what they do not have in common are cura retraction settings, or even extruder temperatures. The tests began after the de-clogging and thorough cleaning and leveling of the d3 and despite tweaking across a large range of allowable retraction distances (up to 7mm from 1mm!), speeds (20 to 70!), travel speeds (30 to 180!), and even extruder temps from 220C down to 190C, there just is hardly any ooze variation on these extruders across any of these settings.There has been rain and thunderstorms for 3 days and my PLA is constantly exposed to ambient so I decided to risk making a possibly oozy set of dry box parts so I would have some place to put oven dried PLA in case moisture were to prove to be the culprit. I can't see the slightest hint of ooze or strings on these dry box parts. That's wonderful, but could someone help me understand what is going on here? Thank you!https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:909901/files
    Attached Images Attached Images