Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
smile, everything is better when you smile :-)

I'm gonna nickname you moriarty:

Best war film EVER made !

But yep test the stops.
You know you have one fully working.
so try it on the non-working side.
If it works - great, just a dud endstop.
If it doesn't - use a bit of tape and make the tab a little longer.
If it still doesn't work.
THEN you can make with the negative waves ;-)
Well crud...

Somehow I hadn't noticed that each of the optical sensors has a faint white panel that lights pink when the unit is powered on. These are clearly visible on the z-axis. When I tried out the removed "bad" left side E1 X-axis on the E2 right side connector I immediately noticed that it lit up pink at power up. it also passed the homing operation test. Of course my heart sunk. That is not a good result. I connected it back to its proper connector on the E1 side to be sure I hadn't missed that glow earlier and noticed it blinked a few times after power up. It turns out that fiddling with the long base unit left side connector cable bundle makes the sensor light blink on and off as it apparently has a loose finicky connection. If there is any cable connection on this thing that needs to be robust in every way and not all loose it is probably these left and right cables given their huge range of motion and the fact that, unlike the extruder cables, they cannot readily be replaced or swapped out with replacements.

I am not sure what I should do. On the one hand the new sensor will clearly not solve anything. On the other hand I have no idea as to how difficult a loose wire connection is to troubleshoot. I can package the whole thing up. print out my return labels and send it all back to amazon at no shipping cost (prime benefit) for a refund and buy a new one direct from Tenlog with at least a 1 year or more warranty but at an additional cost of at least $150 more and potential of attempted spouse veto on the whole project....Or I can try to tackle this loose wire project somehow.

On the Brightside, technically we no longer have any reason to suspect mainboard fault even if we still have to call it a base unit fault.