Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Sheesh talk about highs and lows.
    the bumpy Swingline rubber finger glove I inverted, cut the tip off of, slit lengthwise, wrapped around the cables at the exit from the case and ziptied seem to have firmly prevented any further tugging from pulling on the internal cable connections from the outside
    That right there earns you the 'bodger Gold Award for Innovation' :-)

But the head levelling. That's back to the luck.

It sounds like the z-axis end stop might have been too high. Ideally you want the bed - if it has them - with levelling nuts screwed up pretty tight and the z-axis endstop, set as low as you can get away with, so that there is absolutely minimal head adjustment needed.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-10-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Sheesh talk about highs and lows.

It sounds like the z-axis end stop might have been too high. Ideally you want the bed - if it has them - with levelling nuts screwed up pretty tight and the z-axis endstop, set as low as you can get away with, so that there is absolutely minimal head adjustment needed.
    I'm not sure the TL-D3 Pro has a way to raise or lower the bed other than through loosening and tightening the corner springs. The Z-axis end stop can be moved up or down through software but only at roughly 1 cm jumps. If there is another way it's not all obvious.

When I finally got things properly levelled The springs were only 4 to 5 turns tighter than loose enough to self loosen so that is unfortunate.

Question What kind of fail is this?

Before I try to tackle any multi-material prints I think I need to get both extruders to be well behaved. I am already reasonably happy with the output of the E1 right extruder (loaded with white PLA atm) although so far I have only printed a calibration cube, and a min version of the "all-in-one" torture print although I'm only vaguely aware of how I might use either to troubleshoot the printer.Could any experienced 3d print operators help me definitively ID the issue most likely failing my E2 extruder output? The results I'm seeing could be interpreted by a newbie trying to apply the troubleshooting guides in more than one mutually exclusive way. I am hoping the pictures will be good enough to narrow things down for some of you generously wise print gurus. Thank you so much for any advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images