Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
Have you checked the e-steps? Using a terminal program such as Pronterface, connect to the printer. Load filament and push a bit through to ensure that it's feeding well. Make a mark at the opening to the extruder or any convenient point, then make a mark at 100 mm from that point. When you command a 100 mm extrusion, the mark should move that precise amount.
Ok I have no clue about this. My printer came with a usb cable. The one time I plugged it in my printer was turned off, my pc was turned on and the printer turned itself on and the printer screen locked up on a screen of colorful static vertical lines and could not be switched off.Are USB cables primarily included with 3d printers for supporting the use of a terminal program? If I had such a terminal program installed and running on the connected PC, might the usb connection have not locked up the printer?I hope that's the correct interpretation if only so I can start poking around with gcodes when necessary and not have to suspect that the usb cable functionality of my printer is grossly glitched/broken.