Close

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    thanks for the tips and initial settings. hope i can contribute in this forum.
    [edit1]
    iam having a hard time with FlashForge. cant get filament to stick to HBP with blue tape.
    calibrated HBP 2 times. increase temp to 80 already. filament will wont stick properly.
    also i cant maximize build area. i can only build small part near center.
    [edit2]
    get to stick to HBP (too sticky). now my problem is print is a bit wavy vertically, every 5mm. and top layer of printed box does not stick well.
    Last edited by palawanisland; 06-20-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by palawanisland View Post
    thanks for the tips and initial settings. hope i can contribute in this forum.
    [edit1]
    iam having a hard time with FlashForge. cant get filament to stick to HBP with blue tape.
    calibrated HBP 2 times. increase temp to 80 already. filament will wont stick properly.
    also i cant maximize build area. i can only build small part near center.
    [edit2]
    get to stick to HBP (too sticky). now my problem is print is a bit wavy vertically, every 5mm. and top layer of printed box does not stick well.
    Use Kapton tape, I find it works 10x better and I get a much better finish on my models.

My Flashforge Creator is not working at all. It turns on, and then when the LCD screen gets to the menu it just flashes or blinks it seems. No button input works. The left extruder fan is stuck on. The only printer response I can get is a message that says " Extruder Overheat! Software Temp Limit Reached! Please Shutdown or Restart" when I send a file to be printed through USB. I bought a new Extruder Assembly from Flashforge and replaced the whole setup only to find the same results. This printer worked for many hours before this issue. I also cannot do any firmware upgrades, I've tried and nothing happens. The flashing stops for a quick moment when I hit the restart button in sync with my computer, but it then reloads to the flashing or blinking menu screen. I am guilty of using the stock firmware...

I'm starting to assume something has gone wrong with the board. I unplugged one thermocouple plug on the board, then another, and then both, only to find the same exact result. I have only found one replacement board online and I am not looking to spend $300 on one. I hope somebody can help!!! Thanks for taking a moment to read this.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    had my flashforge for about 10 hours now and been playing for a couple. Mainly trying to get it to work with something other than replicatorg.

After trying to get repetier host and cura to recognise it, I've finally - with your settings got the replicator software to print something (pla, 75 print bed was the charm)

So my first print is a small adaptor bracket I made in openscad. 48% not looking too bad.

many many thanks for your settings and tips pages.

Is there any way to get the ff to work with any other host software ? The replicator software just seems clunky and not exactly user friendly.

Or failing that - how can I get the gcode files generated by cura to work with the replicator software.
    Cura slices about 100 times faster than skeinforge (and i wish that was an exaggeration: cura on ls elephant - about 30 seconds, skeinforge 20 minutes to hit layer 57 !) and has a lot more options and settings all round.
    And is it possible to make the gcode text in replicator bigger - it's practically microscopic !

Cheers :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-15-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    had my flashforge for about 10 hours now and been playing for a couple. Mainly trying to get it to work with something other than replicatorg.

After trying to get repetier host and cura to recognise it, I've finally - with your settings got the replicator software to print something (pla, 75 print bed was the charm)

So my first print is a small adaptor bracket I made in openscad. 48% not looking too bad.

many many thanks for your settings and tips pages.

Is there any way to get the ff to work with any other host software ? The replicator software just seems clunky and not exactly user friendly.

Or failing that - how can I get the gcode files generated by cura to work with the replicator software.
    Cura slices about 100 times faster than skeinforge (and i wish that was an exaggeration: cura on ls elephant - about 30 seconds, skeinforge 20 minutes to hit layer 57 !) and has a lot more options and settings all round.
    And is it possible to make the gcode text in replicator bigger - it's practically microscopic !

Cheers :-)
    Makerware works faster than Repg, about 5 x faster.

yeah just found that.
    Still way slower than cura, and still seems like idiot software.
    third attempt to get it to set the bed at 75c - let's see....
    Finally !

Weird how it won't heat the printbed and hotend at the same time.

Anyway - thanks again geoff. Your settings page saved my about aweeks worth of buggering about :-)

which model should I tell makerware I have ?

And is there anyway to get it to use a brim instead of a raft. For small things the raft is useless as you can't remove it without breaking bits.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-15-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Depends on which model you have. :-)

I use Replicator Single since I mostly use the right extruder. It just removes a lot of the options in the config popup.

it's a flashforge 2x v8

reason i ask is the first line just drops off the edge of the print bed. After that it seems fine.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Not sure what a 2x v8 is. Recent models from Flashforge are Creator, Creator X, Dreamer and Creator Pro.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast