Close

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Since Makerware is applying the sled, and the left 2" is missing, would that be a fault of the slicer?

Senior Engineer
    Who knows, look at the Gcode and see if it makes sense.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Who knows, look at the Gcode and see if it makes sense.
    Thanks for your advice. Turns out, if the model is not completely flat on the bed, Makerware omits the sled where there is a gap, and then tries to print on thin air.

It is sometimes difficult to get a model flat on the bed, or tell that it's not, in Makerware.

Student
    Finally my dream materialized in the form of the FlashForge Dreamer. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get great result without spending lots of time choosing and fine-tuning slicers. So I was wandering if there are some magical settings or guidelines to follow that could help cutting the amount and time of unsuccessful attempts. For instance, I'm on the 4th hour of trying to print with ABS 0.15mm model with Skeinforge, but the fiber (or however you call the extruded plastic) is tearing and curling up after the rafter is printed (no problem there), and actual model is supposed to print. I was raising the temperature from 220 to 245, now I dialed down the speed from 60 to 30 mm/s. Hope it will work.

Student
    Well... it didn't. Slic3r could print, but Skeinforge was constantly tearing the fiber until I changed the resolution back to 0.2mm

Hey guys, Im having trouble with my ff creator pro. Just recently it started skipping. I have no idea whats going on or how to fix it. I already tried everything i could possibly think of. I have made sure the bed is leveled about 100 times. I have raised the temperature to 250 and nothing. So I took the extruder apart to clean out any junk, I cleared everything i could find. I took off the nozzle as well and left it in acetone over night and cleaned it out completely, with a pin and a guitar string. There is absolutely no residue that i can see. I put it back together and it still skips. I dont know what to do its driving me crazy lol. Im getting ready to call customer support but decided to go on here for any advice? Thanks in advance!
    Ps I started with the PLA that it comes with and switched to a brand of ABS that i purchased on amazon, it was working fine with both without problem, than I tried flashforge ABS and that's when it all went down hill. I know Geoff on here had the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumplife View Post
    Hey guys, Im having trouble with my ff creator pro. Just recently it started skipping. I have no idea whats going on or how to fix it. I already tried everything i could possibly think of. I have made sure the bed is leveled about 100 times. I have raised the temperature to 250 and nothing. So I took the extruder apart to clean out any junk, I cleared everything i could find. I took off the nozzle as well and left it in acetone over night and cleaned it out completely, with a pin and a guitar string. There is absolutely no residue that i can see. I put it back together and it still skips. I dont know what to do its driving me crazy lol. Im getting ready to call customer support but decided to go on here for any advice? Thanks in advance!
    Ps I started with the PLA that it comes with and switched to a brand of ABS that i purchased on amazon, it was working fine with both without problem, than I tried flashforge ABS and that's when it all went down hill. I know Geoff on here had the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again
    Is it skipping with non FF filament?

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Is it skipping with non FF filament?
    It skips with ff filament and the other filament i got from amazon.

Hello,
    i just got my printer a month or so ago, and wanted to say hello. this thread has been incredibly helpful with it. though i did have some questions, does anyone know a userfriendly program for makeing STL files that you can print? i have never learned CAD and most of the programs i have tried to date, have quiet a steep learning curve to them. Secondly, i have used the printer to make the halo helmet off of thingiverse in parts, and am curious if anyone has used Pepikura files and printed them in the 3D printer.

Technologist
    I've been using SketchUp, but it is rather annoying. Esp the way it jumps after zooming and the lack of native poly curve editing. But there are a lot of plugins which are fairly powerful.

Others use OpenSCad, which I'm planning to try. Seems 123D Design may be the easiest for beginners.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast