Close

Hybrid View

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting larger prints to release from the print bed. I'm using PLA with my Flashforge creator pro. Any tips? I do not want to break the print bed!

I've tried 50c as a preheat temp. That works for smaller prints.
    At 100c I get goopy melting with my spatula.

Any tips are appreciated! Thanks

Super Moderator
    What is the print bed? Is it the blue stuff that comes with it? If so then yes it can be tough. Glue stick may help and also letting it cool completely could help.
    What material? PLA? If so then 65 is as hot as you really need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by thebomb View Post
    Hello,

I'm having trouble getting larger prints to release from the print bed. I'm using PLA with my Flashforge creator pro. Any tips? I do not want to break the print bed!

I've tried 50c as a preheat temp. That works for smaller prints.
    At 100c I get goopy melting with my spatula.

Any tips are appreciated! Thanks

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    What is the print bed? Is it the blue stuff that comes with it? If so then yes it can be tough. Glue stick may help and also letting it cool completely could help.
    What material? PLA? If so then 65 is as hot as you really need to go.
    hi, I received my Flashforge Creator Pro (2016 update) yesterday and my first test print in ABS also stuck really strongly to the blue tape covered bed. Do you recommend a thin layer of glue ? I previously had a Geeetech prusa with a glass plate and used a PRITT stick for adhesion. A lot of posts on the forums seem to be about how to make things stick, not how to remove them, so any tips would be appreciated.