Close

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TALSCTSV View Post
    I came across this forum looking for help. When I received my Creator, I was able to put everything together, level the build plate and do the test prints. Now I am ready to print my own object, ReplicatorG-0040 WILL NOT connect to the printer. I have selected The Replicator Dual for Machine Type (Driver), but when I go to Connection (Serial Port) it shows No serial ports detected. When I do Rescan serial ports, I get in red at the bottom "Couldn't find a port to use!" I have downloaded Python 2.7.6 as I have Windows 8. Now I am stuck. I would appreciate any help.
    You have installed the specific drivers for this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    You have installed the specific drivers for this machine?
    Geoff,
    Thanks for the response. I was able to finally get where I could print from SD card. I printed my first part and looks like I will have to make some major adjustments. I went to update drivers for the Creator and I got this message:
    "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
    Mighty Board, S3G via Serial
    The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information."

Thanks,
    Daniel

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Geoff,
    Thanks for the response. I was able to finally get where I could print from SD card. I printed my first part and looks like I will have to make some major adjustments. I went to update drivers for the Creator and I got this message:
    "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
    Mighty Board, S3G via Serial
    The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information."

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Ok, the mightyone is the firmware.

I personally have not had to update my firmware, although its not a tough process, but they shipped mine out with a decent version and it works fine. I am from the old school of thinking, if it's not broken, don't fix it. Nearly 2 years on and I have been able to produce some great prints from the stock firmware.

What you need is the specific USB driver for the machine, which is all in the replicator G package, check this page out and follow the guide..

http://replicat.org/installation-windows

Once you have ReplicatorG and Python etc installed (which should all be included in the one installer now) and you can successfully use Replicator G to print something, you can go and download Makerware which is ALOT friendlier to use for the initial learning process, then move onto replicator G where you have alot more control. Or start with Replicator G and do it backwards, up to you really I didn't know I could use makerware with my machine, so I was using replicatorG for ages, then I gave Makerware a go and works like a charm.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-04-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Ok, the mightyone is the firmware.

I personally have not had to update my firmware, although its not a tough process, but they shipped mine out with a decent version and it works fine. I am from the old school of thinking, if it's not broken, don't fix it. Nearly 2 years on and I have been able to produce some great prints from the stock firmware.

What you need is the specific USB driver for the machine, which is all in the replicator G package, check this page out and follow the guide..

http://replicat.org/installation-windows

Once you have ReplicatorG and Python etc installed (which should all be included in the one installer now) and you can successfully use Replicator G to print something, you can go and download Makerware which is ALOT friendlier to use for the initial learning process, then move onto replicator G where you have alot more control. Or start with Replicator G and do it backwards, up to you really I didn't know I could use makerware with my machine, so I was using replicatorG for ages, then I gave Makerware a go and works like a charm.
    Geoff,
    Thanks for the help. Over the weekend I reinstalled everything. Finally got ReplicatorG to connect. I went ahead and downloaded Makerware and as you said, it is very user-friendly and it takes .obj files. I reprinted my first object using Makerware with settings that you recommended on the first page. It came out great. I am using black ABS and haven't came across any issues that others have mentioned....yet.
    I'm sure I'll have more questions as I am new to 3D printing. Thanks again!

Daniel

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Geoff,
    Thanks for the help. Over the weekend I reinstalled everything. Finally got ReplicatorG to connect. I went ahead and downloaded Makerware and as you said, it is very user-friendly and it takes .obj files. I reprinted my first object using Makerware with settings that you recommended on the first page. It came out great. I am using black ABS and haven't came across any issues that others have mentioned....yet.
    I'm sure I'll have more questions as I am new to 3D printing. Thanks again!

Daniel
    No problems Dan,

I thought I'd mention the one big redeeming feature of Makerware that I have come to rely on, and that's the print preview..

Before you print, Tick the "Preview Before Printing" checkbox, under the "Use Defaults" button, bottom left hand corner. This will let you see the layers that will be printed!! when I say it can save you time and pain, I am not overstating ... it seriously is good.

Hi guys, just new here, interesting information.
    I have a specific problem with my new FF and cannot seem to find a solution. It worked perfectly yesterday but today the printer, not the software, keeps telling me there is only one extruder!

It will do so in any mode(with usb or without). So now what? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hi guys, just new here, interesting information.
    I have a specific problem with my new FF and cannot seem to find a solution. It worked perfectly yesterday but today the printer, not the software, keeps telling me there is only one extruder!

It will do so in any mode(with usb or without). So now what? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I would say it's either a loose connection from the machine wobbling or simply from transit. I had a broken pulley mount when I got mine delivered, they do take a beating. There is quite a few connections that are held in place with flat head screws,
    so you may just need to tighten something - failing that i'd be getting a multimeter out.

So, the first thing you want to do is open the bottom of the machine.

Of course, unplug first I don't want to hear you got zapped because I told you to open your machine...

Turn your machine on its side.

Undo the 1 screws and slide the bottom plate off, it's really simple.

Ok, now look at the next pic, you will see the ones highlighted.

I am not sure which side is which, they are just marked 1 and 2, but it doesn't take much to figure it out, disconnect one and see if yours says one extruder, and if it says none, then you know you need to work on the other side

I highly doubt you have an electronic fault. These machines have a good construction quality compared to other makerbot clones I've seen, and have not yet heard of a bad board, but hey there is a first time for everything so don't quote me on that.

Hopefully by tracing those wires coming from the extruder head you can sort it out - if it's saying no extruder, then it's possible the stepper just isnt connected properly. Check the plugs at the top of the machine also, the ones going into the stepper motor and make sure they are in properly.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-11-2014 at 04:27 AM.

I have the same exact problem.....It wont take any commands for the left nozzle...keeps saying it only has one nozzle.....Its really annoying me now..i cant seem to fix it