Quote Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
Hey I got a quick question for all you flash forge wizzes, I just got a creator pro, had been printing with a rep 1 for a few years. Everything seems to work great with maker ware software but as the print starts it doesn't start extruding filament for a few seconds. I know there is a simple fix for this but I can't seem to find it. Does it have something to do with retraction settings. Also what software are most people using? Makerware, cura etc? Thanks.
We recently got a Creator Pro at work and have the same issue. Our issue though is only on the left print head. It also makes a clicking noise but only before starting the build. When pre heating or loading material it works fine and doesn't make a clicking noise. We have been using Simplify 3D because of all the tools available in that software, it's well worth the $150 price tag. We have Stratasys Dimension printer as well and the cost to use the Flashforge is way cheaper. We machined a spacer for the z axis and use glass plates for our build surface. We have about 5 glass plates that we have ready to swap out when a build finishes. We coat the plates with 3 coatings of Sauve Hairspray and it works great for PLA and ABS. the parts stick well (plate becomes tacky when heated up) and when the plate cools, the part pops off its self (when the plate has cooled down enough) so we don't even need to apply pressure.