Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeJoe View Post
    Geoff, Thanks for posting this information. Sounds like you've spent some time with your FF. I've been looking for a 3d printer and have been strongly considering the FF Creator. I've been trying to locate a community/forum with FF users but haven't found one. Do you know of any other places people are discussing the Creator? So, generally you like this product? Have you used any others to compare it to? What type of problems have you had with it? Have you needed to get parts from FF? If so, how responsive are they? Maybe the moderators will see fit to open a FlashForge forum.
    No unfortunately they are based in China, but they really are a good company. I researched alot of machines before I bought this one, I had set needs as I am building primarily quadcopters and large robotics parts.

* I wanted a Large print volume, which this has, about 22cm wide, 15cm high and 15cm deep... enough to print an entire DJI F450 quadcopter arm and body anyway.
    * Good resolution.. at least down to 0.1mm
    (check this thread for my print examples
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ff-s-3D-Prints
    *Dual head extruder
    * Affordable, under $1500

There wasn't alot of options.

Ill keep my long story short. I bought my printer off a company in Australia who "Had stock" Turns out, they just order it from China when they need it and have it shipped directly to you. When I got my printer delivered, the carriage feed belt was snapped off, broken in transit, but a very easy fix with a new part. So I call the company, (who wont get a mention from me, as you can buy it direct from the actual printer company and save money!) and the guy is a total doofus. Instead of helping me fix my newly delivered broken printer, he shunts me off to the manufacturer in China. Omg.. here we go I thought...

Turns out, I meet this lovely lady named Ivy who speaks pretty good English and my spare part got to me in 4 days from China - it was a tiny plastic piece... can't believe how fast it got here to Australia. Anyway, as time went on obviously I needed more supplies for my printer, and have been dealing direct with www.ff3dp.com ever since, so it turns out not only is the printer good, but the company that sells it kicks ass too. They respond to emails within a few hours and as I said, stuff sent very fast. IF you ordered a printer, you would get it in under a week.

It comes assembled except for the extruders which take 2 bolts to attach to the tray it sits in, no big deal. You can print direct from the SD card input and be test printing from out of the box in 20-30 mins, 15mins if you are impatient like me lol... I waited a year to buy mine, learned how to 3d model for printing (it is different than making game assets! no hiding low polygons with smooth shaders or fancy things, 3D printing is WYSIWYG) was worth it when I got the machine - if you cant model your own stuff it can get pretty boring printing out other peoples stuff after a while.

Any problems I have had ( and lets face it, all 3d printers have a few issues) are covered in the first post, or most of them anyway.
    Last edited by Geoff; 08-15-2014 at 09:18 PM.