Thanks Curious.
Mechanically your machine is superior-but regarding speed--I would think there is an upper limit for head travel set by the plastic, its temperature and the nozzle. E.g. if you have any printer draw a straight line at a certain speed it will, for a certain depth, begin "skipping". After that patterning is key and also you mentioned a lot of points in your prior post. I guess the CoreXY adds a lot.

I bought the Creality based upon a friends suggestion-he runs a lot of CNC in his shop but uses the printer for ancillary things. Neither of us needs much speed (my question was more in the way of finding if I was doing things right). I went with the Ender-5 because it has a sturdier frame. I do like that all the parts are quite generic and I can make my own repairs once the company fades away. I must say the customer support is abysmal. I think there are only 2 vendors--and they seem to have language issues-I deal with the whole world in my field and always deal with language-no problem-but Creality is really a low performer for service. Trying to buy a few parts I finally ended up looking at other vendors web pages.
At any rate I am fine with the machine for my needs--but looking up the Sapphire II pro--looks to actually cost a little less that then Creality. So I will keep that in mind -one of the labs I work for will be buying a machine soon. One place I worked had 2 large "refrigerator" size machines-I think in the $100K range. Not sure what they got for this price but they ran 7x24 on production parts. Did not seem exceptionally fast to me--I think they were printing ABS.

Ferrari? Ha- Don't laugh at old Ford cars. Back in the days of Big Daddy Garlitz, I had a friend in North Carolina that drove a cheap 1963 Falcon some years ago (same as me). When he needed a few beer bucks he would sneak off to the usual "secret" drag strip and bet a race. He beat more than a few hopped up Plymouths and I think a Vette one time. After the race he would proudly open up his hood and reveal a chevy 454 engine with a Holley 4 on top---all sandwiched between two cut out wheel wells. Its all skin deep they say!

Fritz