Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    seems about right.

You may well have unrealistic expectations of print speeds :-)

What you could do is to increase the layer height to 0.3mm
    cuts the print time by 1/3
    And ten minutes with a file gets it as smooth as a 0.2mm print.

Depends on whether you value less post processing over more print time - or not :-)

IF I printed this at my normal settings for non-critical parts. And kept the 0.2mm layer height and upped the infill to 25%.
    so:
    3 top and bottom layers and perimeters. 0.4mm nozzle and I can do it in 2 hours.
    But that's on the sapphire pro 2 at 150mm/s.
    And most machines just can't hang with saffy for pure speed :-)

What printer do you have ?
    It makes a LOT of difference.

It is a decent sized part, anything under 4 hours would not seem unreasonable.
    I'd have been happy with anything under 4 hours for that, before I got saffy.

It would take a lot longer on the delta as I'd need to stand the part on it's end.

Actually it doesn't.
    2 hours 38 minutes.
    That's standing on it's end, 125mm/s print speed - but the 0.5mm nozzle does make a LOT of difference.

And to be fair the part will be a lot cleaner printed on end anyway.
    Although if you have an i3 setup - probably not so much.
    With delta, cartesian or corexy tall vertical prints can be printed on faster speeds than with an i3.

So, yep without using larger nozzle or - probably - a different design machine, 3-4 hours is pretty good.

I will add, that I am impatient in this respect and I value functionality over shinyness.
    So as long as it's structurally sound, I don't mind a little sanding if it saves me several hours print time.

Although 150mm/s at 0.2mm on saffy is pretty bloody good.

Okay so for comparison I sliced it on the knp - a replicator pro clone.
    60mms speed (she will do 75, but not happily) 35% infill, 3 perimeters and layers and 0.4mm nozzle at 0.2mm layer height.
    Around 3 hours 50 minutes.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-08-2021 at 11:41 AM.