Close

Threaded View

Technician
    So here's my new printer that was delivered Saturday - a week soon than expected. I purchased it from the manufacturer to avoid problems like I had with the last one, that I'm pretty sure was discontinued when I bought it on Amazon. The cost was the same, and I waited for the upgraded driver that was not supposed to be available in the US until today.

So far I'm very happy. It was pretty easy to put together. Just mount the frame on the base, mount the extruders and filament holders. Then it was just a matter of plugging in the wires. The wiring looks so neat and robust - I feel like this is a huge upgrade. It is pretty big and really, really quiet. I

ncluded a pic of my first 2-color print. Well it turned out to be 3 color because I am using the last little bits of filament rolls to test things out.

The quality looks really good. I'm still learning how to use everything, but it's really not that hard so far.

Had a little trouble getting prints to stick to the bed. I had to up the bed temp a little and use some hairspray, but now it's working fine.

It's direct extrusion - no bowden tube - which is new. I have had some problems already with clogged nozzles. I'm not sure why, unless it's the old filament. So far I've been able to work it loose with the nozzle tool. I'm assuming when I do have to open up the extruder to clear a serious clog, inside those boxes will look similar to what I'm used to and it won't be any harder than before.

I have ordered some dissolvable filament. I can't wait to try something with supports that will melt away or at least be removed easily.

Thanks for the advice everyone. You helped me make a good decision.
    Attached Images Attached Images