Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Just had a look - yeah they've upgraded the hotend for the mks3+ to a 300c hotend.
    So yep pc no issue.

, I'm too poor to buy that
    The tenlogs are half the price - not sure what you were looking at.
    And the only i3 I've seen with good linear rails on all three axis.

The electronics can always be upgraded and they are pretty cheap. But if you start with the best engineered machine you can get - it#ll work better and longer from the get go.

My main point of recommending machines to people is to pick something that Does not need to be rebuilt or ugraded out of the box.

Admottedly prusa's don't - But it's still twice the price of the tenlog. Which has a larger print volume, idex extruders and linear rails.
    And until you get a machine that uses linear rails - you really don't appreciate just how much difference they make, I have machines that use wheels and linear bearings. They just don't compare.

Throw in idex extruders and bang for buck the tenlog is streets ahead.

I'm NOT dissing prusas, but if you want dual material printing and top notch engineering and larger print volume and can't afford prusa prices - the tenlog currently ticks every box at a damn low price.

And prusa are STILL using 8 bit boards on the mk3.
    The mini's use a 32bit board, but all the improvements on the mk3's have come through the stepper drivers.
    It does seem like an odd way to do things.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-01-2021 at 09:24 AM.