Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi Sorry to take so long to reply!! Glass beds certainly give an ideal flat surface to print on but can be difficult to remove because of this I have been using a thin 1mm sheet of Tufnol (Garolite in the USA) with the surface shine rubbed of wih 240 grit sandpaper and clamped to the glass bed stuck models can be easily removed by just flexing the Tufnol sheet. Most filament materials stick readily to Tufnol with the help of a liitle adhesive. for PLA and PET I use PVA glue stick, for ABS ABS milk and for Nylon just clean the Tufnol with Acetone. I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
    Hi Sorry to take so long to reply!! Glass beds certainly give an ideal flat surface to print on but can be difficult to remove because of this I have been using a thin 1mm sheet of Tufnol (Garolite in the USA) with the surface shine rubbed of wih 240 grit sandpaper and clamped to the glass bed stuck models can be easily removed by just flexing the Tufnol sheet. Most filament materials stick readily to Tufnol with the help of a liitle adhesive. for PLA and PET I use PVA glue stick, for ABS ABS milk and for Nylon just clean the Tufnol with Acetone. I hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. i managed to get some good results for some prints by heating the bed to 110 Deg first layer then 95 for the rest of the print. this only works on big first layer movements, small circles or intricate movements (such as the bottom text on a Benchy) seems to peel up and stick to the nozzle, i am running the first layer at 1, yes 1 mm/s for the speed. this seems to fix the issue.

and i have used 5 different spools of PETG, only 1 adheres, Grey EONO from amazon!!!

show how tricky this is, but i have got something to work some how. so only up from now on i hope