Close

Creatorbot 3D - temp always 10c below target

I started having a problem where my printer will never reach the target temp, just shy of it, almost always 10 degrees centigrade.

This has rendered my printer totally useless as it will not begin printing until it reaches its target temperature

I’ve replaced the driver board, the thermistor and heating element and the problem persists

Some searching online indicated that I should run a PID autotune but have not been able to get that to execute, either by putting the code into a gcode file and running it on the printer, nor sending it when connected to usb. Nothing seems to happen and no temperature change.

What can I do?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    hmm, when did the problem start ?

Thing is that if you did not do anything (change any parts aor firmware or fix anything) bfore the problem started, then it's nothing to do with pid.

When you say you replaced the driver board - what did you actually change ?

If you've replaced the heater and thermistor - then it's unlikely to be a hardware error.

Does it stop at the same amount below the target temp - no matter what temp you set.

Ie: if you set it to 260c does it stop at 250. or if you set 200 does it stop at 190.

Or will it simply not go beyong a specific temperature.
    As those are very different issues

pid autotuning doesn't seem to do much. And where possible, I'd always recommend setting the firmware to bangbang rather thn pid anyway.

have you updated the slicer recently ?
    Or done anything to the firmware.

All i can think of - based on the information - is that you've either got corrupted firmware - which happens. Or some weird bit of gcode in your slicer.

But do the different temp settings and let me know what happens.

Always stops ten degrees below the target temperature and just goes up and down one degree and just hovers there making no progress.

Doesn’t matter what I set it to. Just set it to 260c and as soon as it got to 250c it stopped and just goes down to 249 and back up to 250 over and over. Whatever I set it to it does this ten degrees below what it’s supposed to be at. It stalls and hovers ten degrees too low.