Ah, marinated ABS. Let me get my fork and knife out and tie my 3d printed bib around my neck....

Yes, I figured it might not go too well but you don't know until you test it. That's the whole tenant of science.

Great test. It's good to see a good photo of what severe "out-gassing" looks like. If for nothing else, the test gives us a good image of that so when it happens we'll know.

I'm a little confused about what you are saying about the same filament at 55% and 90% humidity. What are you doing there?

What I need to do (and I will when I get some time) is leave a piece of filament out for 1-day, 1-week and 1-month and then print the same object against fresh and humidity-free filament. Then examine them closely and see if I can tell which is which. In a perfect world, you would not be able to. That test will take some time as I'd need to take the "month" piece out now and then wait 3-weeks to take out the next piece....etc. I will do this one day soon.

Explain the next step was confusing and report back with the results. Nice work...