Quote Originally Posted by Martin_au View Post
Core X5SA Pro (330x330) - $369 (For the frame and rails)
SKR 1.4 Turbo + 2209s + TFT35 - $93 (Default electronics are quite sketchy. This board has some level of redundancy)
Gates GT2 belt - $30
E3D V6 Volcano - $45
E3D Titan - $109 (or bondtech, or other well known, well supported extruder)
Pancake motor - $15
Magnetic PEI powdercoated build sheet - $60
Wiring/Misc - $29
Total - $750

Other parts for QOL/long term reliability:
E3D Toothed idlers - $42
Meanwell 600W power supply - $162
Mic6 350x350 bed - ~ $150
Keenovo 24v 300x300 heated bed - $71
Bed Mosfet - ~$15
New Total = $1200
I am lost at this list. First off the X5SA's all come with a single drive titan extruder clone. And who's using a v6 in 2021? We are spending our cheese on the Hemera, or the LGX, or the H2. We upgrade the bed heater Away from the 24v and to 120v Mains Power(I run a 1000watt 450x450mm under my 500x500 bed, for example). And who in their right mind would set off on a large dollar amount and time intensive upgrade path for such a small build envelope? The X5SA 500 PRO is way down on price and so little more that in the scheme of the total amount it is nothing. But that 500x500x600 build envelope is the biggest form factor you can buy in that price range without just building your own from scratch.

And just between us, a lot of folk think putting these things together is pretty easy, and a lot of these printers come unassembled. And maybe that has something to do with the overall reputation they all get. Do you think? Or have you never seen the rat's nests that people hang all over their robots with the 3 moving axes? Just building these machines is a skill. Sadly most are so anxious to see their purchase return that first print they hurry through every step. A few of us treat building them like building an old school model. Nice and slow. Letting it go at it's own pace and just making sure each thing we do or touch is right and correct before going on to the next.

And no where on your list is a labor allowance. I swear. We gotta teach you how to write a proper estimate. There needs to be a markup on the parts. 20% is the standard in most industries for parts acquisition.