Close

Hybrid View

I liked my bltouch on my Ender 3 Pro right up until I didn't...lol
    For some reason, it stopped probing correctly. I removed the bltouch and manually leveled and all was well in the world.
    Later, I decided I wanted a probe again, so I installed a spring steel sheet and an inductive probe, which was much harder to configure working firmware for, but again, it worked well except that it was printing about an inch further right, which would be my own error in the firmware I'm sure. But I eventually got tired of that and again removed the probe.
    It always worked best for me with no probe and manually leveled. But I did like the spring steel sheet, Microswiss direct drive, and SKR mini E3 board I installed. The person I sold the printer and all upgrades (installed and not) says he loves the printer and is still enjoying it.
    I would suggest uninstall the probe, manually level, and just take your time. It can be a great printer when properly tuned.

Today I did a ritual 'hammer smash' of the BL Touch. I could have sold it, but I just would not be able to live with myself inflicting such pain on someone I did not know.Back to manual levelling and printer back up and working well. Phew, only a small part of my life wasted, but hey ho. I should have remembered, if something seems to good to be true, it probably is!