Close

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I am amazed with the way the medical field is able to begin printing organs for real humans. I think it is amazing that sometime (hopefully soon) we can print people a replacement organ instead of having to wait for someone to die before there can be a transplant.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    My dream printer would be extremely fast (almost the way laser printers are so much faster than ink jets). I feel like 3D printing is currently at the ink jet phase, and we need to find ways to make it be laser fast. In addition, I would love to be able to have full color support so we could print multiple colors and even combine colors into one to make different colors. A printer that has a 99.99% success rate in all prints (no warping, clogging, etc.) Finally, I would love a printer that takes up a small piece of real estate but somehow can print unlimited sizes.

Followed and retweeted on Twitter by Shoewee
    Liked and shared on Facebook by John Shoemaker

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

In my job I see people and builders often use 3D printers to print car racing parts(since im a racing team first mechanic). And that helps us a lot because when we are racing in a foreign country, we always have our truck with us, where the 3D printer is located. So if something breaks, we can easly recreate it in hours instead of waiting days for the replacement part to arrive to us.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

If I had money for any kind of printer, I would like it to be any kind of printer(of course). But if I had to buy a dream custom one, it would have an enourmous printing bed, about 4x4x2 meters, with 4 or 6 extruders each with different materials, lets say ninjaflex,pla,abs, alluminium etc, and that it could mesh those up together while its printing one singe part! Also, make anything in minutes, with a chirurgcal precision!

The most interesting thing I've seen done is a castle. It was made out of cement and printed in a man's back yard for his children to play in. It was bigger than a regular playhouse and smaller than an actual house. It made me realize how extraordinary this technology really is.

My dream 3d printer would be adjustable in size and shape, allowing me to print items of huge proportions as well as items on a micro scale. I could design and print board games on the small end, with miniature figurines and playing pieces, and on the large end I could print heavy equipment, boats, houses, and buildings of various sizes and shapes. I'd like to be able to build an entire property complex with a house, a barn, a stable, chicken coops, a children's playhouse, a greenhouse, and more, and be able to add onto these structures over time.

I could add statues and other monuments to my property, build race tracks and go-karts as well as other RV equipment like snowmobiles, and repair parts for them. If it can be conceived, I'd like to be able to print it.

Student
    Follow mrwizard96 On Twitter
    BIO Printing of human organs and blood vessels. I see the most advancment in medicine because of these techniques. (The castle was pretty cool too though)

Well I would build a printer with a very powerful laser synctering system that could use a ground sand or metal (or a combination) with a binding agent that when the laser bound them would create a harder than concrete structure more like marble. By alloying the printer to put different color sand down printing of any patterns and color combinations could be possible in the building of buildings, homes and other structures even art pieces.

The most interesting thing I've seen was a concrete 3d printer of huge dimensions. The man was printing a (not so) small castle to test the technology as he would like to 3d print his house. This is amazing as that can make a revolution for building extraordinary complex houses with near no man work.

My dream 3d printer would be an affordable desktop printer able to 3d print durable objects in full color. With such a printer should be included a software, without all the complex aspects of 3d design as today (no thinking about normals, flipped faces, watertight surfaces, etc). That would allow the big mass to love such a printer and could be able to spread the technology and make big numbers. This will allow too prices to go down and big companies to make huge investments to enhance the technology.

I've retweeted your tweets (here is my twitter profile)
    I've shared your facebook posts (here the shared content on my profile)
    I hope to win a 3d printer. And I hope that you can send it in Italy...

The most interesting were 2 things Car parts chassis and panels included, and a huge Gothic looking 3D mural 3ft piece by 3ft piece.

- What is the most interesting thing I have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?*Well I love seeing the prosthetic limbs. They make it so much easier and cheaper for children to have copies of prosthetics as they grow out of them.
    - If I could build your dream 3D printer? I would build a huge 3d printer! One so big that that you could print entire cargo ships. But not any normal cargo ships, this would provide the ability to make better disigned ships that are stronger and lightweight capable of shipping more, faster and more fuel efficient.

I love the prosthetic the student printed for the girl at his school. The printed castle is amazing too.

Large volume, build a house/castle. Conductive filaments, make circuits. Carbon fiber, make vehicles. Electroluminescent filament, make signs and/or Tron inspired items. Flexible filament, make shoes/tires.

Senior Engineer
    Will I get an email when this madness is over?

There isn't much point trying to read the forum at the moment for the two or three posts per hundred that are interesting. I think that competitions like this are the easiest way to kill a good forum that there is. People stop coming and then find somewhere else to hang out and once the crap stops being posted it just dies. I have seen it happen with so many other forums, they become ghosts when the competitions stop because the people that have interesting things to say have stopped coming.

There have been many great uses, so it is a tough task. However, the most practical use I have seen is a ranch using a simple Rep-Rap style printer for quickly making parts to fix things that would normally require a long drive into town and a long lead time.

With the need for expedited medical devices, it would be awesome to use a multi-material printer for printing combined metallic-biopolymer-biomaterial implants. A customized heart valve or ligament would be quite awesome.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast