Close

Threaded View

Student
    Add eades850 on Google+ Add eades850 on Thingiverse
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The advances made in medical uses of 3d printing for prosthetics and also as implantable devices for cosmetic/reconstructive surgery

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    In my case it isn't so much wild imagination as it is a planned goal to be obtained.
    It would have an all metal Quad hot end setup capable of printing high temp exotics with water soluble supports.
    A build volume of 1 cubic Meter
    An enclosed, temp controlled build chamber and heated bed with forced fume venting.
    A fire sense/Halon supression system using a Shunt trip power disconnect.
    webcam monitoring system with chamber LED lighting using a 12" tablet dedicated to the printer.
    With a long life of widely ranging experiences and hobbies the uses to which I would put the printer range from custom parts for motorcycles and restoration pieces for classic sports cars to parts with embedded electronics and inventions I have been working on for decades. The printer will allow me to stop using the "Epoxy cast and Mill" technique which is extremely time consuming and not always the best option and too often limited in it's capability.
    Last edited by eades850; 09-06-2014 at 07:05 AM.