Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So you gotta ask yourself one simple question. If the SKR mini is better than the SKR 1.4 Turbo and they are both made by the same manufacturer then why is the mini so much cheaper to get up and going? By the time you buy drivers for the Turbo you are at a notable chunk more than the mini. Did someone at Biqu.equipment get confused??? OR more likely is there a control or other problem with the comparison video you watched? And one final thought I wish to share on that point is the guy in that video looks like he is stoned out of his gourd and I have never heard of or seen him before and I have been balls deep in this hobby since early 2016. You should find your information from reputable channels on youtube. Like Chris Riley or Tom Salanderer or Teaching Tech. Or try to verify what one says with another video from someone else. Or maybe he is saying the mini is better Because it is cheaper and easier to install and prints comparably. The SKR 1.4Turbo is a more feature packed BIG brother to the SKR MINI which is made to fit in the smaller mainboard location on your ender 3, hence the E3. The stepper driver count you want is gonna depend on how many motors are in your rig. Typically you will use 4. One for X, one for Y, one for Z(Z usually has 2 connectors on the mainboard for dual Z), and one for E. This will leave 2 sockets open on the fystec S6 mainboard for future growth. OR if you hurt a stepper socket or those pins you can re assign x,y,x, or e0 to e1 or e2. But for now you will leave them open.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 02-10-2021 at 11:37 AM.