Thank you so much for the introduction, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to guide me. After reading your comments I think I will head over to the used 3d printers section and purchase something there. Have additional questions if you don't mind. You said some are not rigid enough to print. Can you tell me which brands or machines to stay away from or perhaps what you recommend to buy?Also is there a limitation to the size you can print? I would need to print templates/stencils at 12"x12 to 15"x15" about 1/8" thick. You mention3e consumables as a cost is this simply put the plastic material? Regarding software what an easy to use beginner one? Also for more advanced projects and to dive into the real capabilities what is the more adanced software? What is PLA and what is Peek? Why do the costs vary so much? Once again assuming these are the materials used? Are there printers that print multiple materials from plastics to metals to various plastics or is one machine dedicated to one material?