Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Hmm, well tecdhnically youmade the right choice and might be giving up on the s-box a little too soon.

There are a lot more resin types around now than there were a couple years ago.

Have you joined the s-box facebook group ?
    That would be a good place to find some real anoracks who can probably address whatever issues you're having.

From a precision point of view - even the best fdm machine with a 0.25mm nozzle is still not going to deliver the quality of print you can get a from a resin machine.

Also you've got dual exrtrusion mixed up with dual extruders (idex).
    The creator pro will - technically - do two things at the same time - but as the two nozzles and stuck together - the things need to be very small. It's actually usually easier to NOT do two things at the same time :-)
    What dual extruders are meant for are two different materials at the same time - so maybe pla and soluble supports. Or a rigid materia and a flexible material. Or two different colours - those all work well.

For idex you'd need to look at something like the flashforge creator 3.

I don't want to have to go back and sand or file loose material
    Yeah that's pretty much standard with many complex fdm prints.
    I do a lot of tidying up, it's usually saves a lot more time than printing slower and at a higher resolution and getting a print a little ckeaner.
    I figure 1-0 minutes with a sanding block beats an extra 8 hours printing every day :-)

But before you invest in another machine, fidn the s-box facebook group and have another go at it.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-25-2021 at 03:46 PM.