Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the uv is used to cure the individual layers.

It shines thorugh a monochrome lcd plate. Where the plate is clear the resisn sets.

BUT !
    The resin is not fully hard. So after printing you wash in isopropyl alcohol and that removes any really uncured liquid resin and then you expose it to uv light to complete the resin curing process.

If you live somewhere sunny - you can just leave it in direct sunlight for a few hours.

You could creat a file that was essentially a solid block that covered the entire build plate and then run the printer without any resin in and use it like that to cure the print.
    It's got a 300watt illuminator - and that's a fair bit of power.

Or there might be a extra curing option in the firmware to do a similiar thing.
    I did find it interesting that none of the reviews I read for the machine mentioned post processing at all.

Your best bet is to join the relevant facebook group and ask questions of people who actually have the machine already :-)

Student
    Thanks again, so much!! I went ahead and bought the printer, a UV curing station, some Mean Green liquid concentrate, and an ultrasonic cleaner. The resin printing turned out to be messier than I expected, after doing my test print over the weekend. Thanks so much for helping me get squared away here!