Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
you said pla ?
240c is really high for pla. and would lead to uneven layers and possible lamination.

It's all down to flow and viscosity. If the plastic bead is too hot it will not hold it's shape between layers being applied.

Also print speed of 25mm/s is really too slow for pla.
It sound odd - but with such a hot print temp having the printspeed that low will actually allow the printhed to remelt the plastic and overpower whatever print area cooling is being used.

For pla 200c is usually the best print temp - 210 would be my usual maximum at 150mm/s or above print speed (I appreciate your printer won't go that quick).

To me it just sounds like printing too thin a later at too high a temperature and too slow a print speed.

try 0.16 layer height, 200c print temp and 50-60mm/s print speed.
And make sure that print area cooling is off for the first layer and 100% for all othr layers.

Also switch flashprint to ADvanced - it's not advanced, it just lets you take control of your prints.

I have no idea how manufacturers determine their pre-loaded print settings - but I've yet to find a printer where they are based on anything even remotely approaching reality.
Thank you very much. On the Flashforge PLA box it reads 240C/100C, I'm guessing that is maximum then? Does it matter what infill for stuff like phone stands and such or is 15% good enough? I'll try your specs on the next run. Thanks so much again. I'm clueless here.