Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    does it have dual z-screws ?
    In which case, probably worth a punt as you can then easily turn it into a direct drive setup with a simple printed bracket.
    Or is it just an ender 3 clone ?
    In which case - I woudn't bother.

For $250 I'd probably go for one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-Re...UAAOSwUuFW1j7A
    Not as fancy as autowiz's - BUT it is the full prusa design spec - and that really does make a difference.
    So:
    Dual z-axis screws and motors, printbed side support rails and direct drive extruder.

You can always upgrade the electronics if you want to - it's not necessary, but pretty cheap and easy. You will probably get a skr 1.4 turbo board with silent stepper drivers and touch screen for the extra $50 bucks.
    Bear in mind you only need silent drivers on the x & y axis. They make very little difference to the overall noise on the z axis and extruder.

But basically, that's a prusa I3 mk1, which is still a very fine machine in it's own right.
    I'd add a sheet of self adhesive PEI for about $7.
    Although it looks like they might already have improved the print surface.

As with everything - try it i the all original for a while before spending anything else :-)
    Too many people get a kit and change parts nefore even using it in it's original configuration.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-30-2020 at 07:21 AM.