Close

Hybrid View

My son stopped by yesterday to check on my progress with the car project and dropped off his Printrbot Simple. I am guessing he wants me to learn how to use it so I can demo it at Maker Faire in a couple of weeks. I must admit, with the auto-bed-leveling, this little printer is really simple! At about the same bed size as our first printers, the MakerBot Cupcakes, it is much quieter and easier to set up. The added bonus it it costs about 25% of what we bought our Cupcakes for!

I am printing a mini-vase for my first print.

photo (69).jpg

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    My son stopped by yesterday to check on my progress with the car project and dropped off his Printrbot Simple. I am guessing he wants me to learn how to use it so I can demo it at Maker Faire in a couple of weeks. I must admit, with the auto-bed-leveling, this little printer is really simple! At about the same bed size as our first printers, the MakerBot Cupcakes, it is much quieter and easier to set up. The added bonus it it costs about 25% of what we bought our Cupcakes for!

I am printing a mini-vase for my first print.

photo (69).jpg
    Out of 10, what would you give it mate?

I saw the metal printrbot in action and I have to say, that is one nice little design - and for the price not worth even ripping it off, you might as well just buy one..

I would be interested in your feedback as someone who is experienced with a few other types of printers (my workshop looks like your sons now lol.. prusa, replicator and kossel all fighting for desk space

The limiting factor is the small build area. Other than that it prints as good or better than my Prusa and a lot better than my Kossel. It is not quite as good as our ultimaker 2 or our Replicator XL.

it has to be the best $300.00 printer around for ease of build, setup and print quality.

Here is the T Rex printed on the Ultimaker 2

trex-ulti.jpg