Quote Originally Posted by Tom_nerd View Post
I just got a 3d printer for Christmas and set it up as the instructions asked but when I went to remove the print it was incredibly hard. I eventually managed it after a few minutes of shouting. but when I did the first layer had remained stuck to the print bed. I have 2 questions:

1. what did I do wrong for this to happen

2. what can I do to get the first layer off the print bed.

Link to picture of print bed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Lt...ew?usp=sharing

thanks in advance,
Tom. :-)

Hi Tom, I bought an inexpensive printer over Xmas and set it up. What a steep learning curve, but, I am overcoming the hurdles. I had very much the same experience of effectively the model sticking to the heat platter. I pulled mine much the same after it stuck firmly and it ripped the liner off the platter. Bum I thought then I did it again after moving the platter upp so the patch was out of the way and it did the same but not so severe. The models that I loaded through the slicer software (Cura in this case) showed the Temperature of the Nozzle to be 240 and the bed at 70degrees. Having no platter to work on I cut a piece of picture frame glass of 3mm thickness you can get thinner, and used this on the Heat bed then I turned the model temp down to Max 200 and bed to 50 and it seemed to work very well. I'm still trying out temp combinations. happy to exchange experiences as am on a steep ;learning curve as I say and hence looking for advice. My machine is a CTC A13 3D printer and I've set the Cura software slicer up as Prusa Mendel I3. Working from SD card currently. You can always send me question direct to steven-gilbert@outlook.com