Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
pei also works well and is dirt cheap for self adhesive sheets.

BUT !
befoere doing anything expensive you need to play with the slicer settings.
You've actually got thr best start - a print surface things stick well too.
So all you really need to do is to speed up the first layer print speed and adjust the z-axis offset, until you have settings where the print sticks, but also releases.

Having a print surface things stick well to is a great place to start.

So before spending a lot of money on a - probably - not needed upgrade, tune the slicer for the surface you have.
A really sticky surface is actually an advantage as it means you can print your first layer pretty fast.

And a combination of speed and nozzle gap will most likely sort the problem out.
Hi As you can see from my entries to help I'm learning about this great new venture into 3D printing. Your comments on the first layer settings of Z-Axis, nozzle temp and layer thickness is something I'd like to learn more on how to try out the suggestions. I have as said placed glass on platter (its just picture frame glass not etched or ribbed but very smooth which makes for a very shiny smooth bottom but it is not that good for sticking when the Nozzle climbs high on model and pressure is put on the top making the bottom come away from the glass) I guess I could grain the glass up with some wet and dry sand paper but not sure if that will allow it cleaning of residue!

Still this idea of setting the temp and stickyess on first layers how do you do that in the settings is that something that needs manual adjustment just as its starting and then turning it back to operational for the models> can you advise and any suggestions and where this etched glass platter can be obtained for a 235 x235mm platter would be much appreciated.