Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    OR it could make you think that print speed is just a max number. But the actual final print speed is run through a bunch of other filters first. You know things like acceleration, jerk or junction deviation, first layer, outer perimiters, etc, etc, etc. In fact 150mms print speed just means that on a long enough stretch like from one side of the print bed all the way to the other you might touch 150mm/s print speed. Because you have enough room to reach that speed with the given acceleration setting which you did NOT touch. Now, if you wanna have some fun while you are at 150mm/s start walking up the acceleration setting just until your quality begins to degrade. Then fine tune your junction deviation/jerk settings and get that LIN ADVANCE enabled and calibrated.

OR it could make you think that print speed is just a max number. But the actual final print speed is run through a bunch of other filters first. You know things like acceleration, jerk or junction deviation, first layer, outer perimiters, etc, etc, etc. You need to see this advice In fact 150mms print speed just means that on a long enough stretch like from one side of the print bed all the way to the other you might touch 150mm/s print speed. Because you have enough room to reach that speed with the given acceleration setting which you did NOT touch. Now, if you wanna have some fun while you are at 150mm/s start walking up the acceleration setting just until your quality begins to degrade. Then fine tune your junction deviation/jerk settings and get that LIN ADVANCE enabled and calibrated.
    agreed
    during my first couple months I was calibrating the hell out of my machine
    now I know how the Garrus from ME felt
    Last edited by simonss22; 12-08-2020 at 04:35 PM.