Just an update to kind of document where I am. Had to take a break due to some "minor" surgery, but slowly getting back to things. TwoTrees eventually sent me a new thyristor, so I guess I'm supposed to do the "surgery" to get it into the extruder. Yeah, I can do this, but given that this is a brand new unit, you'd think that they'd have been a little more forthcoming. It took me 2 months of followup to get them to do something, and given what they finally did, I'm not impressed. Now, I will say that the actual tech support guys have been very helpful, even with having to work through the language barrier.

Right now, I can't do any heavy lifting, so it'll probably be another couple of weeks before I can start wrestling with the printer again, but that's where it is. Thing is, I still think that the overall build is good. It seems really sturdy and solid. But, very little in the way of assembly instructions, and nothing at all in the way of operating instructions, makes it something of a challenge.