Quote Originally Posted by xryl View Post
I've documented my assembly process in my blog. https://blog.cyril.by/en/3d-printers/sapphireplus-assembling-tips

For the filament run-out detector, you'll need to print a piece in plastic that'll be mounted in one of the column so it's not hanging on the filament itself (which, as you've noticed, will likely cause issues when unwiding the filament). I had a lot of issues about this detector, mine wasn't wired correctly. Feel free to comment on my post, so I can include your experience on my page, it might help others. Thanks!
Hi and thanks for this information. I was delayed getting to it over the holidays, but getting back to it now.

Even tho I continue to get the Err2 (TwoTrees said that they're sending me a new extruder, but when that's going to show up I have no idea; trying to find their customer service email contact now), I have been able to get some motion from the motors, but it's kind of quirky right now. The X axis only moves about an inch and then just stops, similar with the Y axis. The Z axis tries to home, but ends up not stopping when the limit switch is triggered. It becomes very unhappy then. :-)

So, time to go back and recheck every wire, again. I've been through the menu options and looked at how everything is set, but the printer didn't come with any kind of operations guide, so I have no idea what these settings are supposed to be set at. Planning to take a look through the Robin_nano information to see what I can glean from that.

Between me and my voltmeter, we'll get it figured out, but it's a challenge without much in the way of standard documentation. It's become sort of a "turn over printer, check wiring configuration, turn printer right side up, plug in, try something, fail, turn printer over, repeat, repeat, repeat". On the other hand, by the time I get it all working, I may be the world's expert on getting a Sapphire Plus to work! :-)